We are hiring!
With the increasing demand on secure and hygienic solutions for access, ID and payments cards, partly because of the Covid-19, CardLab has in the last period received an immense customer interest and need to expand capacity, to supply our secure biometric fingerprint card solutions to our customers.
We have therefore decided to expand our software development team and offer an exiting job opportunity for SW engineers to be part of customizing and also develop the secure card solutions for present and future tasks. Please read the add and see what it takes to apply. We look forward to welcoming you on board
Software Engineer with knowledge to Embedded Electronic
One of the leading companies in microelectronics and biometric for Powered Smart Cards, CardLa Innovation expand its R&D team with new Engineers. CardLab looks for an embedded software engineer with knowledge to the embedded electronic world.
Do you like to be part of design and develop of technology? Do you manage to keep track on your tasks? Are you curious regarding the newest technology? And do you like to develop in an environment where on the edge technology is part of the work? If so then you might be one of the new software development Engineer at CardLab.
CardLab Innovation is a global Company with HQ and R&D in Denmark and the production in China and Thailand. CardLab Innovation is a high-tech, innovative and dynamic company.
CardLab Innovation offers a wide range of technologies in the Biometric smart card marked, where Biometric fingerprint sensor is part of different type of ID-card, access card, payment cards and customized cards. At CardLab Innovation, you will be part of a professional team, with a motivated and a competent staff. You will be part of the development team and participate in product specification, prototype development, production maturation and production preparation with software build, software user cases, test programs for test jig, and more. The task are multiple with a great opportunity to have significant influence on how to structure and execute the tasks
- Develop firmware for ARM μP handling the functionalities inside the card
- Work with Bluetooth interface between card, mobile phone and PC
- Work with I2C and/or SPI-interface communication between devices
- ake part in review of HW-design, evaluate the HW design to match the firmware design
- Take part in technological development, maturation and validation
- Design bring-up test and production test software
- Take part in SW integration tests on HW and production test locally, abroad or via remote desktop, TeamViewer
- Execute documents for internal as well as external use
- Participate in patent applications
- To some extent have direct customer contact
Your qualifications and experience:
- Holds an education as Electronic Engineer or similar, with 5+ years of experience
- Professional experience with embedded firmware development
- Practical experience with embedded/ low level programming in C and Python.
- Practical experience in development of embedded systems
- Practical experience with laboratory tasks such as testing and troubleshooting software on hardware
- Confident user of SW version control tools as in svn, git
- Experience in some of these areas is an advantage:
- Knowledge of battery power management
- Knowledge of wireless communication - RFID / NFC and BLE
- Knowledge of EMVCo and MasterCard CQM certification
- FCC certification
- Secure Element, Javacard OS, java
Your personal profile:
- You speak and write English on a professional level
- Structured, analytical and have a interest in high quality
- The ability to manage, prioritize and organize your own tasks, as well as front-end projects
- Curious and eager to explore and understand new technologies
- Communication skills, you are able to report on all organizational levels
- Team player with the ability to work in complex and global organizations
- Positive, innovative and creative
- Are used to customer / supplier contact
- Flexible and willing to travel to a certain extent
An exciting, independent job in a professional and growth-oriented development company, with lots of development potential, personal as well as professional. An attractive salary package according to qualifications.
As soon as possible, as we are constantly evaluating applications received.
If you find the position as exciting as we do and if you are ready for new challenges, send your updated resume and a motivated application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org - For further information please contact, Henning Bonde Nielsen, Katrine Bjarni or Frank Sandeløv. They can be contacted on phone 31 55 49 94 or email@example.com
CardLab is dedicated to allowing card manufacturers, card issuers and their customers to get the optimal benefit from technological developments in low-power electronics for on-board integration into ISO 7810 cards including biometric user identification - Further information on CardLab can be found here: